![]() | |
| Cedric the transgender norn |
Leading up to Christmas is always a busy time so I did a very short Wolfling Run. It only got to generation 4. I'm hoping to continue the run soon. Unfortunately I don't have a safe place to leave my lap top while it runs with my children around lol. But the holidays are here and I'm sure the grandparents will be more than happy to entertain them! Ha ha! :)
So this run began with four females and three males. Based on the gen 4 babies I think I used a City Norn, Transgender Norn, Chichi Norn, Bengal des Neiges (please excuse the probably bad spelling) and an Astro Norn. Oh and a Flora Norn. The transgender, bengal des neiges and chichi were female. The flora and city norns were male.
![]() |
| Dagino (baby gen 4) |
The run started pretty much straight away. I didn't even teach them how to talk. I think one of them pressed the Holistic Learning Machine early on. I checked back after an hour or so and discovered that an agent kept glitching out. Then one of the norns kept glitching it out, I have no idea how. Something about genus 2 or something not being able to find genetics. I am completely baffled. The only solution was to nuke all the bengal des neiges headed male norns which seemed to be causing the glitch.
Thats part of why this run was so short, I thought the game had been running for hours only to discover it had paused because of the glitchy stuff. Ugh!
I checked back a while later and had to export all the old norns and pretty much all of the gen 2 and 3 norns because they bred like crazy. It was like egg-topia in there!
![]() |
| Dodo the "Right walker" |
So now there are 18 norns in the world, almost all of them are babies.
Interestingly there are four norns that look identical. I always find that to be a good sign of genetics dominating in a Wolfling Run. All four are male and generation four. They have Chichi heads, legs and tails, their bodies and arms are city norn. Three of these walk normally and seem quite sensible, they get hungry and look for food and when tired they rest. There is one odd one out who has a walking problem.
Oooh I just discovered a female norn that has the same appearance as the four identical males. She seems to be smart enough. A tomato plant thingo from the norn garden dropped a heap of fruit and she promptly walked over to it and ate a fair bit. They all seem to enjoy gorging themselves then taking a nap. Norns after my own heart!
![]() |
| Dorthe, the female of the five identical babies. |
I find it quite amusing that there is a female norn named Dodo who seems to have no higher drive that to keep walking right, even when she hits the wall. It's a shame because she is quite pretty.
There's a male norn named Cedric who has a transgender norn head. He is not very friendly. Every time he sees another norn he basically just slaps the heck out of it. I think Cedric and Dodo are wolfling run fails. Unless you like your norns to be violent, in which case he sounds great lol.
An interesting development is the ratio of males and females. Out of the 18 norns in the world only four are females. However I did a lot of exporting so I may have upset the natural balance. When I continue the run I will amend the male to female ratio. I don't think it's going to be viable the way it is. Or I might remove some males and let them go with a reduced population... We'll see.
There are three males that have reached adulthood out of the 18. They are all roughly 2 hours old.
I was going to do the usual tests to see if they were aquatic, can handle detritus etc but I'm going to wait until the final run. I will upload the five norns with the same genetics because they're cute and pretty self sufficient.
I may even upload the "fails" Cedric and Dodo because it's always interesting to see how badly things can go wrong.
![]() |
| One of the few adults at the time of this blog. |
I will hopefully be able to have an update for you all by Saturday.
Until then my Creatures cohorts! ;)
PS. A baby norn just died of starvation. There seemed to be food around but... Well that's natural selection for you :(





No comments:
Post a Comment